Meet Dr. Barochia
Mission: My mission at Barochia Internal Medicine is to provide high quality medical care to my patients. As part of this mission, I like to educate my patients and their family about their medical illness and truly involve them and their family in their medical care.
Professional Experience: I began practicing primary care internal medicine in October 2003 after graduating from Memorial Health University Medical Center in Savannah, Georgia. I became board certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine in 2003 and recertified in 2013.
Personal Experience: Dr. Barochia and his wife Hemangi have two children. During his free time he enjoys spending time with his family and playing golf, running, tennis, and chess.
Inspirational Experience: When I graduated from medical school in December 1995, I became the first physician in my family. I decided at a young age that I loved science and wanted to enter the medical field. After many years of hard work, I am glad I chose this path.
During my training, I worked in underserved areas of India, directly providing medical care to those most in need. I enjoyed working with both children and adults, solving their unique problems. Each day was another lesson in the devastating impact of infectious diseases such as tuberculosis, typhoid, and cholera, as well as cardiac-related diseases like rheumatic heart disease, hypertension, and diabetes. My commitment to excellence in my chosen profession, the importance of preventive medicine, and the value of the best training were all reinforced by this experience.
Having completed medical studies in India, I realized that the best way to fulfill my potential in medicine would be to come to the United States, where I could benefit from the best training and research facilities in the world.
No matter how and where I practice medicine, I will strive to give my patients high quality, comprehensive medical care while recognizing their needs as individuals and as members of a family and community.
Education, Training & Affiliations
- MBBS Degree: Pramukhswami Medical College, India – 1995
- Certified by Indian Medical Council, India – 1995
- Received Education Commission for Foreign Medical Graduate (ECFMG) Certificate – 1999
- Internal Medicine Residency: Memorial Health University Medical Center, Savannah, GA
- Certified by American Board of Internal Medicine – 2003 (Recertified in 2013)
- State of Connecticut Medical License
- Hospital Privileges at The Hospital of Central Connecticut
- Member, American Medical Association
- Member, Connecticut State Medical Society
- Member, Hartford County Medical Association